Setup a WordPress account for your Developer
Whenever you let someone else access your WordPress site, you need to make them a set of temporary keys.
Here’s what you do:
1. Go to your WordPress dashboard and click on “Users” from the sidebar menu.
2. Click on “Add New” and fill in the following:
- Username (Required - make one up related to their name)
- E-mail (Required)
- First Name (You can put company name here if that helps you remember who the account belongs to)
- Last Name (Optional)
- Website (Optional, but may help you in identifying the account)
- Password (Leave this alone)
- Send Password (Check this box your web developer will be notified of the account and they can create their own password)
- Role (Set this to Administrator)
3. Once you have everything entered, click the “Add New User” button to save it. An email will be sent to your developer with instructions on how to log into your site.